Monday, July 30, 2007

Holy Freaking CRAP

I just entered my first submission to a respected horror publisher. Yeah it's a Flash Fiction piece and while I'm capable of writing gore and guts horror (and I do like to from time to time) this was a little more funny and much more psychological in execution - but then psychological horror has always held more appeal to me. I think the most frightening monsters live there.

I do NOT expect this to be accepted (It would be paid if it were and that's just too much to consider at this moment). But the fact that I just did it, was inspired to write a story for this site, wrote it and submitted following their directions I feel like...I'm shocked and happy with myself. No is the worst that can happen, right?

It felt good to just bite the bullet.

Must write MORE. Wanna do it again! Again!

2 comments:

Richard Crawford said...

Submitting is always a major step, no matter what the result is. The percentage of writers who never submit anything that they write is depressingly high.

Renee M. Solberg said...

Thank you for that at the time I did this, I did it so I would always remember that I have nothing to fear from someone's opinion. In a world as large as ours there are bound to be a few people who can enjoy what I offer or hear my voice...so why not try?

:) So far the lesson is holding.

The Fine Print

Creative Commons License
Words That Rattle 'Round My Head by Ray M. Solberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.