Monday, July 30, 2007

A Goal: Science Fiction and Fantasy Magazine

One of my goals is to publish a story in Fantasy & Science Fiction. Why? Besides the fact many authors I admire have published here? Because aside from Madeleine L'Engle's works lighting one of my creative sparks, this monthly magazine introduced to me by my dad opened my mind to so many other points of view and cemented my thought that genre is relative.

Dad and I have always shared a love of reading SF&F as well as horror stories (ironic since I don't see that many horror movies); I still remember the day he explained he bought us a subscription to something fantastic. We kept it for years. We'd read the new magazine each month and then go to lunch or dinner and talk about our favorite stories and why we liked them, what they made us think about or feel. Dad worked two to three jobs at any given time so for him to make time to read the magazine let alone share time with me for discussions always felt totally special.

It will be one of my happiest days ever, should it come to pass that I am published in this publication.

2 comments:

John Goodrich said...

"It will be one of my happiest days ever, should it come to pass that I am published in this publication."

I do not consider this an "if" but a "when".

Renee M. Solberg said...

Thank you :).

The Fine Print

Creative Commons License
Words That Rattle 'Round My Head by Ray M. Solberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.