Friday, October 5, 2007

What am I doing? Writing...

I should probably be sleeping.

But I just finished writing a 1000 words. An idea born from a challenge and a desire to write a little fic (750 words I figured) has blossomed over the last two days and at this moment I'm 4000 words in. This is going to screw with my NaNoWriMo goals - but I'm on to something good. It feels like it. It's rough, so rough but I like it.

Is it a novel? Is it a short story? I don't know just yet. I'm not totally sure what is going to happen in it, but characters are talking and events are shaping. I'm only a few chapters ahead in my planning. I'm just rounding on what I think the climax and ending will be in my musings. I'm completely engaged. Most of all I'm just writing.

All this on a borrowed computer given that my current one with all my luxuries is in the Mac shop. Not bad. Maybe the new comp and keyboard are conducive to my writing? Hmm something to consider.

Alright, I can rest now. Because when I wake up, I'll write.

No comments:

The Fine Print

Creative Commons License
Words That Rattle 'Round My Head by Ray M. Solberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.