I'm writing.
I've got an outline of sorts had a scene in mind, characters, what would happen. I'm typing along and then two of them get into this staring match (not foreseen or outlined) and they were just supposed to sit and check each other out. But my protagonist is surly (for good reason) and this guy, he's impatient (for good reason). Suddenly they both are hijacking this scene, the intentions. Something else is happening.
And it's so much better! It's in line with my original intention but it's much more defining of who he is and it's making my protagonist rise up to the occasion, too. Maybe this happens with other writers I'm sure it must, I've read about it. In certain ways it has happened to me before but...not quite like this. It fits.
So far this story is growing and I'm nervous only because I don't want to hit "this is crap" and give in to a temptation to stop. I have to finish this and push through. I have to do this because I want to do this and I really do. Hmm, I better make sure my loose out line is ready if that happens. Sunday goal methinks.
I'm up to 7K today. I've determined that writing until the scene I'm writing feels complete or writing about 1K on days I write is my minimum goal word count. At least for this story. This pace allows such things to happen like above and makes me feel like I'm making solid progress. I can always write more. I can give myself a break when I need to. But 1K is my goal.
Okay, I'll stop with the every move updates (I really don't mean to) but I had to share this feels...so good. Gosh I hope it is good. Or reads well. Or someone likes it - ahh later! I'll think about that later.
For now, I need to get it out. And I like it.
2 comments:
Hey, Ray?
Remember that bi-plane ride I got not too long ago? Turns out they have them (somewhat) near you, too.
http://www.707ucanfly.com/id64.html
Yeah, it's a little pricey, but you get to go up for an HOUR.
Thank you for this I've got plans and schemes in mind for a certain flyboy we both know....
Post a Comment