Well...my writing may be for sale at some point but not me, per say.
I am alive and mostly well. Time away from the blog and website has allowed me to focus on my final semester toward my first degree(s) to be awarded in just a week and a half (gah!), focus on my health (which I had neglected) and generally making life more relaxing and fun again by managing the stress of budgets and cash in this recession ready economic climate. I have been working, going to classes and writing when I can - though I readily confess my writing got the short end of the stick overall.
The good part is that I haven't stopped completely though my frequency has been less and I have been VERY slow. The other good part is that the tedium of work allowed my mind to travel enough to work out and expand my story further. On one blessed day during the last month and a half (and just in time as I was feeling particularly guilty and frustrated about the writing situation) I actually sat and banged out 3,000 quality words that moved the story, scene, character development and plot in one session. This did much to improve my sagging confidence and ego. The story lives in me as does my desire yet "writing out" my stresses can only go so far with me I've discovered. Or better to say certain types of stress do not lend themselves well to my writing. Perhaps as I continue to mature and develop as a writer this will change.
Now things appear to be on an upswing and this summer promises me GREAT opportunities to complete my book and possibly start my second one (YAY!!). I do also want to write a few short pieces and submit them with a full understanding that I can probably collect at least nine more rejections before the summer is out (I've got one rejection under my belt currently).
So in about two weeks the blog and website should be alive again with content and thoughts on a regular basis.
Today is Mother's Day and we celebrated this morning with our moms who we are so fortunate to have as they are among the best in the universe. I hope you were able to do the same or appreciate the memories of your mom on this day with smiles and laughter. I know, that was sappy. Snark makes a return in 2 weeks too.
BTW: Quote in subject line is from song Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart by Stone Temple Pilots
1 comment:
YAY, you're back!
Big congrats on getting your paper. Lots of work went into that, I know.
Take care of your health, of course. Glad to hear that you're writing again.
Post a Comment