Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Ohmigosh! Silly Writer's Moment Here

Ok. I promise I'm not going to report every little move I make here, that's truly boring. This is not part of my "Great American Novel" idea...but a story idea I've had married a plot idea, then the offspring blossomed and expanded like an atomic monster!!! It happened during a free writing plot exercise! Did I mention free writing kicks ass?

::Cue me running around office like excited cat during nocturnal shadow races when you are dead asleep and home base is your snoring, pillow-resting head::

I'm excited, to say the least. The idea is of course, brilliant (I'm sure this will change just not right now). Must write like atomic monster!

K... need to do some outlining but wow..pow, zing. This is wonderful. Not that I get like this with every plot or idea...but this one feels like mine to offer? Does that make sense? Blah. Too many words.

I got an awesome inspiration and I gotta get back to it, K?

[EDIT 6:26 p.m.: 1700 words total on back story, theme, premise and starting synopsis (with a few hundred more on loose outline). Brain still sparking. This is a good start. Now it's dinner time!]

3 comments:

John Goodrich said...

It's fun when an idea stomps through your brain like Godzilla on a vodka binge. I look forward to reading this.

Renee M. Solberg said...

I am yearning to write it and will be happy to share it with you once it gets somewhere out of the rough and on to some green. (Who's been playing Wii Golf? :D)

Nothing beats Party Time/Hungover Godzilla(tm). Hey, do you think Party Time/Hung Over Godzilla(tm) would explains his sudden trip to Monster Island and consequently Godzilla Jr.?

Just a thought...

John Goodrich said...

Yes, yes I think it does.

The Fine Print

Creative Commons License
Words That Rattle 'Round My Head by Ray M. Solberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.