Friday, July 27, 2007

Beginnings and Introductions

A Few Words About Ray
Q: A few words about me?
A: Teller of tales. Writer of them too. Female. Smart alec. Fun-loving. Sometimes thinks too much. Learning. I have been writing creatively as many have since I was a little kid; writing through school, for fun, for self, for friends and family. Though I may be employed gainfully elsewhere, ask me what I do and I will reply "I'm a writer." I definitely don't have all the answers but I've got some good questions. You'll have to learn the rest along with me. Oh, I prefer to speak of myself in first person rather than third whenever I can.


More About Writing and Me
Q: What genre and style do I write?
A: When I'm asked that I generally respond Speculative Fiction. What does this mean? Ask ten different writers you'll get 10 different answers most likely. I tend to write a blend of literary fiction, sci-fi, fantasy, horror (I lean more toward psychological) and observation. Lately I've been getting into writing flash and short stories, though my long-term goal is novel writer.

Q: Some things you might read/find here:
A: My education as a writer, thoughts about the process, questions I ask and answers that reveal. Stumbles and falls in my experience, that will lead me to stand up, dust off, and move on. I can be verbose. Excitement and self-taught typing skills can lead to typos and creative grammar structures. Reasons to laugh. Attitude at times. Learn something new?


Other details
Q: Aside from writing, what do I do for kicks?
A: I play games: board games, card games, video, computer, MMOs etc. I love my Ibook but not in a rude if you're on a PC you suck sort of way - there's room for us all. I ride a motorcycle (this is still a new thing). I love to read books, watch movies. Lately my Netflix gets more exercise than the movie house. I hang out with family, good friends and try to make them laugh as hard as possible. I am new to yoga and loving that. I love to travel and see new places, meet new people. I really like to learn and discover new things. People watching is a favorite pastime as people are always very interesting to me. And I really like to smile. But not in a creepy way. Really.

Q: How often will I update?
A: Periodically is my most accurate reply, so that I don't let the fun of blogging or web stuff get in the way of actual writing, which is what I should be doing right now. But barring real life complications, my goal is to update a minimum of once a week - though most likely a lot more often than that.

No comments:

The Fine Print

Creative Commons License
Words That Rattle 'Round My Head by Ray M. Solberg is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.